Thursday, January 20, 2011

The People, It's Just About the People

Sometimes I, like many of you, wonder what it is that keeps me coming to work every day.  I really enjoy my job-my career-but have often thought about what it is that I really enjoy.  I like being able to feed myself and pay my bills, but any job is supposed to get us closer to that goal. I like the freedom of setting my own hours although that usually means that I work a lot when others are at home.  Nope, it's not those things.  Its the people.  It's the ones I deal with every day in the office.  It's the new people I get to meet nearly every day.  It's the ones I have worked with in the past that come back.  It's my kids friends who have grown up and are looking to buy a house.  I guess I'm just one of those people that has to be around others.  And I truly, truly enjoy it.  One of our agents-Sharron-got married a week ago.  It wasn't like going to a co-worker's wedding-it was like having your own daughter getting married without all the stress of being a parent.  Shawna and I walked in and the ushers had been instructed to seat us in the front row as though we were immediate family. We were so touched by her thoughtfulness toward us.  Last week I got a call from a lady I had sold a house to  a few years ago.  Since then she had lost her husband and called me to help her find a new home.  She hugged me like I was a long lost friend when I saw her.  It was amazing! My job is like having an ever increasing and growing family.  I am SO thankful for the opportunity to be in this business for so long......   

No comments:

Post a Comment